Everyone loves muffins!! But we don't always like how the sugar makes us feel both mentally and physically. We want to enjoy muffins and keep lean so the chefs at Grill Market came up with a Paleo sugar free recipe. Perfect for those upcoming summer picnics and gatherings in the sunshine.
They are a great easy healthy muffin recipe that the kids (our your inner kid) will love... :) try it this weekend or one rainy day this week. The perfect twist to a classic recipe without the nasty white stuff.
Makes 16 muffins
1.5 cups blueberries
4 bananas mashed
1/2 cup almond butter
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 TBS coconut oil
1/2 cup coconut flour
- Line a muffin tin with muffin liners and preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- In a large bowl or mixer, combine the mashed bananas, eggs, coconut oil, vanilla extract and nut butter until fully combined.
- Add the coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and sea salt to the wet ingredients and mix well. Fold in the blueberries.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread it evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 11-13 minutes for mini muffins or 22-25 minutes for regular sized muffins, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow in the pan for 10 minutes, and then remove from pan and let cool completely on a cooling rack.
xx Grill Market